Author : Shankar Pathak
Pages : 340
Price : 245-00
In 2012, I published a book – Social Work and Social Welfare, Historical Cultural Perspective, Niruta Publications, Bangalore. It included selected, revised and updated parts of my earlier two books: Social Welfare: An Evolutionary and Developmental Perspective, Macmillan – India, 1981 and Social Welfare, Health and Family Planning in India. Marwah Publications,1979. I had also added four chapters especially written for that book.
National Book Trust of India, N.Delhi considered this book for a re-publication under its subsidy scheme and decided to sanction the subsidy amount with suggestions for abridgement and reorganization of content of some chapters. Accordingly some changes have been made in the original 2012 edition of the book. They are: deletion of the chapter on Bhakti (chapter No.20), merging the content of three chapters (No 14,15 and 16) into one chapter – Indian Perspective of Social Work and merging the content of chapter 18 – Sarvodaya Methods of Social Work and B.N. Ganguli’s views on Gandhian Social Work (Appendix I). Chapter No.15 is an entirely new chapter incorporating the contents of chapter No.17 and Appendix I. I think these changes have improved the quality of the original edition of the book and I thank the anonymous referee of the National Book Trust for his helpful suggestions.
Once again I thank Ramesha M.H. and his team, Niruta Publications for publishing this new abridged and revised edition of my book. I hope the book will reach a wider audience including students and teachers of social work in view of its subsidized, affordable price.
2 October 2013
Social Policy And Social Welfare
A Social Historical Perspective
2. Towards a Theoretical Framework for the Study of Social Welfare
3. Social Change and Social Welfare in Ancient India
4. Social Policy and Social Welfare in Medieval India (1206-1706)
5. Christian Missionaries and Social Reform in India
6. Social Reform During the Colonial Era
7. Social Policy and Social Welfare During the Colonial Period (1800-1947)
8. Social Welfare: A Comparative Historical Perspective
Social Work–Profession And Practice
A Cultural Perspective
9. Evolution of Social Welfare in India
10. Professionalization of Social Work
11. Professional Social Work in India-1975 to 2012
12. Social Work Profession - A Provocation by S.S.Iyer
13. Voluntary Organizations and Social Welfare
14. An Indian Perspective of Social Work
15. Sarvodaya - Gandhian Social Service
16. Developmental Perspective of Social Welfare
17. Roles and Functions of Social Welfare
Appendix - I
Notes and References
Only some selected pages of this book is given here.
For complete book contact us :
#326, 1st Floor, Opp. Syndicate Bank, Near Dr. AIT College, Kengunte, Mallathahalli, Bengaluru - 560056.
Ph : 080-23213710
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This book exclusively prepared for the aspirants of the NET-SET examination for social work. This book not only helps UGC-NET aspirants but also social work students. This book enables the reader to prepare well for the examination.